At St John’s our aim is to give all children in our care the opportunity to develop as individuals as they continue their faith journey with us. Every child is important and unique. We strive to help each child to be the best that they can be. We hope that by the time the children leave us at 11 years of age they will have reached their true potential academically, spiritually and emotionally.
We believe that every child deserves to learn in a positive, secure environment where we foster the desire to achieve and be challenged.
Our school is a family where staff, children, parents, governors and the wider parish community work together to help and support each other.
Our School Mission Statement
Our school is a caring, safe place where everyone is equal. Inspired by the Holy Spirit and guided by the teachings of Christ, we know, love and respect each other. At St John’s Catholic School we help each other to be the best that we can be.
- To foster the expression and understanding of the Catholic faith through active experiences of prayer, worship, liturgy and the reception of the Sacraments. We seek to develop the individual’s sense of responsibility in witnessing to his / her faith.
- To foster good relationships within and outside the school so that it is distinguished by the quality of Christian care extended to all its members and associates.
- To promote the development of the pupils through access to a broad curriculum which provides understanding and acquisition of Christian attitudes and skills. To deliver the National Curriculum with an emphasis on Christian / Catholic values.
- To form and maintain a dynamic partnership between home, school and parish to prepare children to take their place in the wider community.
- To recognise the value of each individual. To foster and sustain the personal development of pupils and staff in a caring, supportive atmosphere.
- To nurture in the children a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning.